Friday, September 12, 2008

what am i doing in WASHINGTON DC????

so I am now in the capitol city: DC! the belly of the beast...

I bought the materials today which I will need to build my "Uncle Sam
wants you to vote" sign. so I have not yet been out in costume, but I
am close to ready. I have scouted out some nice areas to settle in as
Uncle Sam: a sculpture garden right next to the smithsonian natural
history museum is shady and coolish. it seems that there are plenty of
tourists wandering about with cameras, so I think I will have no
problem sending images of PEACENIK unclesam back to the heartland.



en route to my first stroll through the mall as uncle Sam. I feel the
same excitement as I feel on opening night of regular play, although
there are no lines to rely on and no rehearsals to build up
confidence. I am still confident nonetheless and go out into the world with high expectations of fun and the weird contentment of
contributing to a worthy cause.
may peace prevail on earth.
my sign says simply "VOTE" and then in smaller letters lp.org and gp.org...
the latter is in green letters: can you solve the riddle?
so as the day progressed, I had to tell several folks the answer to
this little riddle and also help others solve a different riddle: why
is the peace sign upside-down?

No comments: